TIPS FOR AVOIDING FORECLOSURE
Are you having trouble keeping up with your mortgage payments?
Have you received a notice from your lender asking you to contact them?
Options may be available to avoid foreclosure. Some suggestions are:
1. Donít ignore letters from your lender
2. Contact your lender immediately.
3. Contact a HUD-approved Housing Counseling Agency toll free at (800) 569-4287 or TTY @ (800) 877-8339
4. If your loan is with Long Beach Firemenís Credit Union, call (562) 597-0351 or toll free at (877) 866-5670.
5. Be prepared to discuss options with your lender by having the following documents available:
1. Current mortgage statements
2. Current pay stubs and W-2
3. Current property insurance and tax information
4. A list of all other obligations
5. A signed letter stating what caused you to fall behind in payments